The SNA has asked the designer to stage, decorate and create the visuals for the Biennale des Antiquaires, which will take place from September 14 to 23, 2012 at the Grand Palais.
Karl Lagerfeld, an artist with many talents, has agreed to accept the challenge. He will design a temporary world within the Grand Palais to serve as a backdrop for the thousands of objets d'art that will be presented at the 26th Biennale des Antiquaires.
The 2012 show will welcome nearly 150 exhibitors (there were 86 in 2010).
In addition to the main dome of the Grand Palais, the event will also take place in "Le Salon d'Honneur", which is opening its doors after several years of restoration work.
"Karl Lagerfeld's creative genius, sensibility, finely honed taste and stage sense are all reasons why I am thrilled that he agreed to shape the 2012 Biennale according to his own taste. He is also a leading collector, someone who loves rare and beautiful objects, which means that he will approach this unique task as a connoisseur.".
Christian Deydier, Président of the Syndicat National des Antiquaires.
"I like antique dealers and everything the Biennale represents, and I love the Grand Palais, which is my favorite place in Paris. I have so many memories there of Chanel runway shows with their outsized decor..."
- MUSEUMS : CHIFRA, L'exposition Chine - Francer à Paris du 22 au 28 octobre 2013
- EVENT AUCTIONS : 1 178 000 € POUR UNE SUITE DE QUATRE CANDÉLABRES D'ÉPOQUE LOUIS XVI
- EVENT AUCTIONS : 368 750 POUR UNE PAIRE DE PORTRAITS DE NICOLAES ELIAS DIT PICKENOY
- EVENT AUCTIONS : 61 960 € POUR UNE COURSE DE TAUREAUX PAR COURBET
- GALLERIES : The upcoming highlights of the Galerie Barbara von Stechow